It is proved through a survey that almost 15% people of 65 years suffer from the pain of hip joint. The problem in the joint of hip creates severe pain, which sometimes become intolerable. Arthroscopy helps to look into the internal part of human body.
An orthopaedic surgeon makes a small incision in the affected area and enter the tube to observe the inside part of your hip. This process helps a doctor to diagnose the problem and now the doctor will insert other surgical tools to mend the problem. Some patients are scared of operation: they get relief by doing such treatment. Here are some other benefits of hip arthroscopy.
- With the help of arthroscopy an orthopaedic surgeon can easily diagnose the root of problem that remains undiagnosed early days. On the other hand, sometimes open hip surgery fails to help in finding the root of the problem.
- Open hip surgery fails to assure the success of the operation. It has been seen that the pain remains even after the surgery and sometimes the problem turns into terrible situation. But, with hip arthroscopy you need not to worry much as the surgery brings success.
- The chance of after-operation side effect is lesser. A patient has to face a number of side effects after the open hip surgery, such as, swelling, pain and so on. But with the hip arthroscopy there is no chance of post-operative side effects. One may lead a normal life after the surgery is over. Go here http://kog.net.au/hip/periacetabular-osteotomy-acetabular-dysplasia for more information about periacetabular osteotomy.
- There are some patients who are really scared of surgery. For them arthroscopy is the best option. It needs only one or two incisions to insert the tube into the affected area and you will not be able to feel the pain during surgery, because of local anaesthesia. Apart from that some patients do not like the marks of scars that are the mandatory result of open hip surgery. As there will be less incision in arthroscopy so the chance of marks gets lower down.
- After an open hip surgery the patient needs to take rest for a long time. But, with this type of surgery a patient needs not to take rest for a long time. So, the office-goers will be benefited. They need not to get into the problem of not getting leave from office.
- Above all, this type of surgery is cost effective.